New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

W 3
Secret Service recruit

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2020 :  16:38:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is a weird question. Is there a way to listen to these stories from your phone? I like to listen to them while I'm doing work on our property. There are stories here that are not on Fanfiction . net. I can't seem to get my phone to read from this forum.

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8544 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2020 :  08:07:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't know anything like that was possible. Interesting. Can't help you. Do you have a particular app on your phone that does this?

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

W 3
Secret Service recruit

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2020 :  17:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can use text to speech on my phone to read some documents. And Fanfiction dot net has an app that will read stories allowed to you. It makes it easier to listen when i'm out mucking stalls or mowing on riding mower. I just attatch head phones to my phone. The problem with the text to speech is it only reads what is on the page and you have to keep swiping up to continue. The phone screen also has to stay on. I was hoping there was a secret for this page.
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8544 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2020 :  09:27:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the response. I might look into it one day. I can see the problems with the phone going to "sleep" periodically! I think phone makers should put in an option to allow it to stay active longer!

I wonder if any browsers have a text to speech option available. Have you checked that?

Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

W 3
Secret Service recruit

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2020 :  16:52:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not that i've seen. There are some apps that will read them to you if you put it into a word document. However, I feel weird copy and pasting someones story like that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000