New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2019 :  14:42:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Always a bit sad on this anniversary of Ross's passing. But oh so grateful for all the joy he has brought.

R.I.P. Not many may remember him anymore; but those who do are smiling (with a little sigh).

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com

beerbad
SS novice field agent

757 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2019 :  09:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've often wondered if the TV actors from our youth will be remembered. Many actors from the movies and stage from the 1930's and before are hardly recognized (even by me). Fame is a fleeting thing.

But, MeTV keeps playing these shows. Our favorite program seems to get the short end of the stick as they put it on and then take it off the air constantly. Still, Ross shows up on other programs, also. With computers, anyone with just a little curiosity can look up these actors they see on the screen. So, there may be enough interest to keep Ross in the public consciousness forever.

"I abhor spirits, they make a man less than human" - Dr. Loveless, The Night That Terror Stalked the Town
Go to Top of Page

SordoTheBandit
SS novice field agent

537 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2019 :  20:29:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for sharing your talent with us, Ross. Everytime I see you in an episode, it makes me so very happy.
Go to Top of Page

anteffy
SS spy school graduate

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  18:05:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean. I have seen so many stars pass away in recent years, it has become quite depressing. Actors these days I wouldn't know if they walked up to me and said hello.

quote:
Originally posted by beerbad

I've often wondered if the TV actors from our youth will be remembered. Many actors from the movies and stage from the 1930's and before are hardly recognized (even by me). Fame is a fleeting thing.

But, MeTV keeps playing these shows. Our favorite program seems to get the short end of the stick as they put it on and then take it off the air constantly. Still, Ross shows up on other programs, also. With computers, anyone with just a little curiosity can look up these actors they see on the screen. So, there may be enough interest to keep Ross in the public consciousness forever.

"To answer your question, sir, I'm James West, with the Secret Service." -The Night of the Plague
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000