Bob as Bobby on Mission Impossible
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beerbad
SS novice field agent

759 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2021 :  10:03:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw a little of a 1968 Mission Impossible episode with Robert Conrad as a boxer named Bobby. I never saw that before. I wonder if he was still making WWW and if so, how he had the time to do that. He looked very mean as this character. Of course he loved boxing so he probably enjoyed doing it. Sugar Ray Robinson was also a guest star so Bob probably wanted to see him too.

"I abhor spirits, they make a man less than human" - Dr. Loveless, The Night That Terror Stalked the Town

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
559 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  08:22:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unless he was on Mission Impossible more than once, my only recollection was seeing him I believe going to his hotel room and taking a package of golf balls and pressing them together, as they were plastic explosives concealed as golf balls.
Or something like that.
Go to Top of Page

theFalcon
SS novice field agent

USA
719 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  19:25:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RC also did 'MI' in 1972 as the 2nd banana/enforcer for a New Orleans mob boss played by Carl Betz, I think.

"What's death without a woman's touch?"
Go to Top of Page

ccb
SS Quizmaster Emeritus

3908 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2021 :  08:13:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
beerbad: You're correct. That episode "The Contender," was a two-parter that also starred Ron Rich ("The Night of the Big Blackmail"), Ron Randell ("The Night of the Fatal Trap"), and John Dehner ("The Casual Killer" and "The Steel Assassin"). If memory serves, Red West also showed up.

Conrad's appearance was a cameo: as a trainer to get Barney Collier (Greg Morris), impersonating Rich's character, in shape for the ring. RC wasn't onscreen more than sixty seconds but still got a title card at the end of Part One. Because it was a only walk-on—or a jab-on—he could easily work it into his West schedule.

Falcon and bornin62 are also correct: Conrad was back for other Missions after West was cancelled. By that time Bruce Lansbury was producing Mission, so it was only natural that he'd call on the former star of his previous CBS series.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000