New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
533 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2020 :  13:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was an article in the Wall Street Journal about Burt Ward and how his childhood encounter with Ross Martin had a positive effect on his life.
I have tried everything I can think to post with no luck. The Journal allows subscribers to view online but will not allow me to copy/paste.

'How real estate helped Burt Ward become Batman's Robin' was the article. If anybody can help me with suggestions I'm listening...

Signed: perplexed and slightly annoyed.

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2020 :  20:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can't copy and paste, you might want to try a screenshot. Hopefully it would come out clear enough to be readable.

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
533 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2020 :  07:54:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No luck.
If somebody else can help I would appreciate it.
Worst case scenario, I will send a hard copy to anybody who wants it.
Go to Top of Page

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2020 :  09:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm fresh out of suggestions; but if you can't figure anything else out, I'd really really love a hard copy. Big Ross fan here, don'tcha know.

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Col. Richmond (SS Director)

USA
1920 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2020 :  16:50:46  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ward talks about it in his icky "My Life in Tights" tell-all pretty awful bio....

If I remember correctly, Ross taught him how to use his diaphragm in speaking so that his voice was deeper and projected better.

-Yours in (secret) service,

------------->>>>> <<<<<-------------
Colonel Richmond, SS Director

admin@wildwildwest.org
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
533 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2020 :  07:24:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is correct.
He was in his teens and left by his father to hand out brochures at an open house and Ross came by, looking at the property. When Ross heard him speak (high and squeaky) he had him take a deep breath, and from behind gripped him under his diaphragm.
Ross showed him how to speak from his diaphragm instead of his throat. Success!
If able to go back in time, I picture a plethora of people from this site speaking in squeaky voices, if happening to encounter Mr. Martin.
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8613 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2020 :  16:01:13  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bornin62

That is correct.
He was in his teens and left by his father to hand out brochures at an open house and Ross came by, looking at the property. When Ross heard him speak (high and squeaky) he had him take a deep breath, and from behind gripped him under his diaphragm.
Ross showed him how to speak from his diaphragm instead of his throat. Success!
If able to go back in time, I picture a plethora of people from this site speaking in squeaky voices, if happening to encounter Mr. Martin.

ha! You may be correct!

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000