OT...what’s happening in your city/state
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chibbi
SS senior field agent

6014 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2020 :  17:15:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With Covid-19 virus being topic number 1 in the US.

What has been happening in your city/state?

Have you encountered the craziness in stores of people panic buying? What is the deal with this buying of toilet paper?

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
583 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2020 :  09:48:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for asking. I live in the suburbs of New York City, so needless to say things are a bit nerve-wracking. Fortunately, I'm retired and don't need to leave the house except for necessities (groceries). I probably would have risked public transportation had theatre not been shut down. I had tickets to see friends in two separate shows. Not sure if they'll be able to reopen the productions now. But better safe than sorry!!

I didn't need to buy toilet paper, but hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol are not to be had anywhere. Disinfectant spray, wipes, and vinyl gloves are still available in limited quantities. I think they're going to sell out.

So stay safe everyone - wash your hands frequently, practice social distancing, and binge watch www. I'm currently binge watching all my Ross Martin DVDs in chronological order (in honor of his upcoming 100th birthday next Sunday).

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com
Go to Top of Page

niecie
SS novice field agent

1464 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2020 :  14:19:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of my kids works at a dollar store, so when I was unsuccessful finding one (just ONE!) bottle of hand sanitizer, I asked that kid to buy it for me.

We haven't had any cases of Covid-19 in this area yet, but the panic-buying is in full force...

Niecie

Ever since I was a little girl
I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
my very own Uncle Artie...
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8531 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2020 :  08:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All schools are closed in this county in California, south of SF, including the university. Grocery stores have been subject to panic buying, even though there are no warnings that stores will close or that deliveries will cease! I get my groceries delivered, and more people are getting deliveries rather than going to the stores as well, which played havoc with the delivery schedule initially. Seems to be settling down, I hope!

"Keep calm and cary on," don't shake hands, wash your hands often, avoid crowds... those seem to be very good pieces of advice these days.

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8605 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2020 :  06:14:41  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We just had our first confirmed case in our county last night. There are up to five that will be confirmed in the next day or two. More on the way because it has been crazy in our stores. Our local mall closed, our schools are closed. The musical happened a week early with 36 hours notice, but the kids were great! Thankfully my daughters are graduated and my son just worked on painting sets.

My husband is off today while his company evaluates what to do. I am still working but the library has not been open to the public since last Thursday. Waiting for the county to say workers don’t need to report...we are a tiny one room library and there will be 5 of us there today with nothing to do. I cleaned my storage and program shelves yesterday. Today? Not sure. Hubby is taking oldest to college to pack her dorm she and her sister have been moved to online classes. They don't do well with those.

I am staying away from my at risk parents, though my dad was in stores as much as anyone since we were a “clean area”. Ugh!

Everyone take care and continue to stay away from others.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

anteffy
SS spy school graduate

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2020 :  14:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How is everybody doing now, since we are a couple of months into enduring this nightmare?

"To answer your question, sir, I'm James West, with the Secret Service." -The Night of the Plague
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000