New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theFalcon
SS novice field agent

USA
706 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2019 :  08:34:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had to post this before I forgot all the details.

Our heroes' mission (in black & white) was to solve a sabotage plot against a particular railroad. George Kennedy played the railroad operator...the good guy, until Artie steps up into the engine compartment of a train and falls through a trap door. I assume the railroad is property of France since Kennedy is behind a plan to defraud the French govt. out of 210,000 francs. A battle ensues in the galley of the train, where Mr. West pushes one side of Kennedy's face down against a hot burner and then dumps a big pot of scalding water over his head. Why France and why Kennedy? My guess is that Kennedy played a bad guy Big Frenchy in a couple of eps. of "McHale's Navy".

"What's death without a woman's touch?"

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8517 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2019 :  09:09:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, that would have made an interesting episode! I rarely remember my dreams in such detail, and when I do recall parts of one, I think, WHY did I dream about THAT?

George Kennedy was great, whatever he did in film.

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
577 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2019 :  09:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An interesting bit of coincidence/trivia... Ross and George Kennedy worked together in an episode of Dr. Kildare. Ross was the patient and George was either an intern or orderly (guess I'll have to re-watch the episode).

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com
Go to Top of Page

ArtemusFan
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2019 :  20:09:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RM has appeared in my dreams three times within the last week.

Weird, but delightful.

www.fullservicebohemian.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beerbad
SS novice field agent

757 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2019 :  15:16:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like it is the season for Wild Wild West dreams. I had one last night.
Our family has always been involved in horse racing but it's the lower class harness racing horses. Little money and a lot of work when I was younger, anyhow. So, here's what happened in my dream: It seems for the past 50 years since The Wild Wild West went off the air that Robert Conrad and Ross Martin got together for a reunion at our local race track near Ocean City, Md every year. Bob would drive one of the horses in a charity event. And, Ross would just hang around, I guess.
This was going to be the final time they did this, however. So, I was looking forward to it. But, I got into one of my "lost and can't find my way" dreams and I missed the race. Arriving late, I couldn't even find out if Bob won the race. And, I never got to see them, as they had already left. Talk about a feeling of disappointment. Emotions are really heightened after my dreams.

"I abhor spirits, they make a man less than human" - Dr. Loveless, The Night That Terror Stalked the Town
Go to Top of Page

ArtemusFan
SS 1st assignment - desk job

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2019 :  13:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RM was back in my dreams last night.

www.fullservicebohemian.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000