I MET a member of this forum today
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4340 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  15:20:13  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
TODAY I met a fellow member of this forum! Fun meeting nittanyapple in real life today, along with many of her family.

Tomorrow I might be meeting a member of this forum IN REAL LIFE.

Will be the first time that I have met a fellow THE WILD WILD WEST fan from this excellent site since I joined so many years ago.

I keep in touch with many of you on Facebook and e-mail and other sources, but it will be neat to meet one of us tomorrow here in Ohio.

We will post pictures IF it works out and this Wild Wild person makes it to the Air Force Museum.

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
555 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  17:18:54  Show Profile
Isn't it great to be able to put a face to text behind a keyboard? I've met three WWW fans through various boards. FUN! Do post!

And one will be my guest for a week in October. Wait'll she gets a load of NYC! (And it'll be fun for me to play tourist in my own stomping grounds.)

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8367 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2016 :  19:10:44  Show Profile
I met members of a previous board I belonged to, The Lost World. We had conventions (3 times) and many of us got to be great friends--and still are after more than 10 years. Good luck with your meeting, Roger.

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4340 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2016 :  02:40:46  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by California gal

I met members of a previous board I belonged to, The Lost World. We had conventions (3 times) and many of us got to be great friends--and still are after more than 10 years. Good luck with your meeting, Roger.

Thanks, California gal! Would be great to meet you and everyone on this forum some day. If all goes well, I might be meeting the real nittanyapple and her family later today.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4340 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2016 :  02:42:44  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Nydiva

Isn't it great to be able to put a face to text behind a keyboard? I've met three WWW fans through various boards. FUN! Do post!

And one will be my guest for a week in October. Wait'll she gets a load of NYC! (And it'll be fun for me to play tourist in my own stomping grounds.)

Good morning, Nydiva. YOU have actually met the member in real life too. Hopefully later today I will be meeting nittanyapple at the Air Force Museum as her and her family visit.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4340 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2016 :  10:58:45  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
met nittanyapple and many of her family members at the museum today

check out some pictures of nittanyapple and Desert Roger

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205394854470547&set=ms.c.eJxVz7kRAzEMA8COPPzAp~%3B~%3BGTAa~_gxMFOxAkqJjAx7tkDIP56CuVK2BJWdFHRtCR7UYyajkaP4lGuMoeLNibEJaozRRL~_2aSBNeTzZKbKc7kZYbfKlVJ~%3BRM~%3B4Z7a~%3B6SB5ca~_u04GK7yrr9n7CzjRQR4~-.bps.a.10205310887411423.1073741867.1824947483&type=3&theater
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6492 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2016 :  18:08:06  Show Profile
Very cool, Roger!! That is awesome. I chat with her off and on but the closest I got to her was when she traded an orange for an apple inside our Wild Wild West lunchbox keychains we both purchased. Haha. She wanted my apple!! :)
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2016 :  18:11:21  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage
Roger is the 5th forum member that I've met in real life. The first was Artiespet in 2007 in her hometown, then I met qohart at the beach, and pigeon came to Pittsburgh, and I met Diva in NY on a school trip with my daughter's choir. And now Desert Roger. Pretty cool.

~Apple~
The Apple of Artemus Gordon's eye
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6492 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2016 :  18:15:21  Show Profile
Hey do you still have my apple, Apple?
Go to Top of Page

Nydiva
SS novice field agent

USA
555 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2016 :  19:25:54  Show Profile
So when are you coming back to NYC, Apple?

Nydiva
www.ross-martin-remembered.com
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8367 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2016 :  09:12:32  Show Profile
I've met Pet as well, but as "ChallengersPet" via the Lost World forum and conventions. Also "Beckers," who hasn't posted here in a couple of years.

I wonder if we've ever met other members without realizing it because the subject of The Wild Wild West never came up in the interaction.

Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4340 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2016 :  14:38:23  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

Very cool, Roger!! That is awesome. I chat with her off and on but the closest I got to her was when she traded an orange for an apple inside our Wild Wild West lunchbox keychains we both purchased. Haha. She wanted my apple!! :)

funny!
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2016 :  04:04:18  Show Profile
That is cool. I've been to the Air Force museum three times when we have visitors and are looking for something different to do. It is about 60 - 70 miles from my house in KY.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4340 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2016 :  08:01:59  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by bornin62

That is cool. I've been to the Air Force museum three times when we have visitors and are looking for something different to do. It is about 60 - 70 miles from my house in KY.

Bornin62,the next time you come up let me know and you can be the second member of the forum that I have met in real life.

The museum's NEW fourth wing opened on June 8. Have you visited since then?

Roger
Go to Top of Page

bornin62
SS novice field agent

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2016 :  10:09:25  Show Profile
It has been about three years since we've been there. I will contact you before we go again; however, it may be a few years and I am sure your second encounter will not hold a candle to your first - said while gentlemanly bowing to Apple.
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4340 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2016 :  12:00:44  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
quote:

It has been about three years since we've been there. I will contact you before we go again; however, it may be a few years and I am sure your second encounter will not hold a candle to your first - said while gentlemanly bowing to Apple.

Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2016 :  08:03:23  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage
quote:

Well that is just sweet! We loved it there. Even my younger godson had fun...chasing Pokemon. He is 18

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

nittanyapple
SS senior field agent

USA
8570 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2016 :  08:04:09  Show Profile  Visit nittanyapple's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dieter Epping

Hey do you still have my apple, Apple?

I sure do! Do you still have the orange?

~Apple~
Go to Top of Page

Dieter Epping
SS senior field agent

USA
6492 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2016 :  12:15:03  Show Profile
Yup I have your orange, Apple! I just saw it a couple weeks ago when I sorted through my WWW collectibles. I have 5 of those lunchbox keychains. With 2 oranges, 2 bananas and another apple haha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000