TNOT Burning Diamond
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4340 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  12:04:45  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
When you watch BURNING DIAMOND you can see that TWWW was doing The Mannequin Challenge decades before it became popular.

(many THE TWILIGHT ZONE episodes did it first)

niecie
SS novice field agent

1208 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  13:23:47  Show Profile
Mannequin Challenge? Oh, as in the actors standing still as if frozen? Yeah, WWW also did that in the season one closer, TNOT Sudden Plague - but also earlier in the season, with TN Terror Stalked the Town. In the scene in the saloon when Jim breaks the bottle to use it to threaten Loveless, watch the supposed mannequin saloon girl standing next to Jim: she blinks when the bottle breaks.

Niecie

Ever since I was a little girl
I have always wished
that Artemus Gordon was
my very own Uncle Artie...
Go to Top of Page

California gal
SS senior field agent

USA
8367 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  14:18:55  Show Profile
Oh heck. When I was a kid we had a game we called "Statues." The ones who were not "it" would walk around in a circle, with "it" in the middle, maybe even doing a little dance or skip. When "it" yelled "Freeze" everyone had to freeze their pose where they were, with a leg in the air or whatever. Then the first one who moved became "it." Silly kids' games!

I never heard of "The Mannequin Challenge." Was it a TV show?

James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: "Thanks Artie"! Is that all you can say to me? I've just come back from the grave, risen like Lazarus, and that's what you say? "Thanks, Artie"?
James: Thanks, Artie.
Artemus: It's a pleasure.
- TNOT Pistoleros
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4340 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  15:09:53  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by California gal

Oh heck. When I was a kid we had a game we called "Statues." The ones who were not "it" would walk around in a circle, with "it" in the middle, maybe even doing a little dance or skip. When "it" yelled "Freeze" everyone had to freeze their pose where they were, with a leg in the air or whatever. Then the first one who moved became "it." Silly kids' games!

It's some new thing on Facebook and Twitter. I just recently heard of it myself. People pose like mannequins and have music behind them or something.

Just thought of another one...

on TYCOONS when two thugs actually pretended to BE mannequins before the really cool bumper to commercial

ha
Go to Top of Page

Desert Roger
SS novice field agent

4340 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  15:11:40  Show Profile  Visit Desert Roger's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Desert Roger

quote:
Originally posted by California gal

It's some new thing on Facebook and Twitter. I just recently heard of it myself. People pose like mannequins and have music behind them or something.

Just thought of another one...

on TYCOONS when two thugs actually pretended to BE mannequins before the really cool bumper to commercial

ha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannequin_Challenge

p.s. watching THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW on Me TV right now and Barney is pretending to be a mannequin in Weaver's Department Store
Go to Top of Page

beerbad
SS novice field agent

682 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  10:37:24  Show Profile
What goes around comes around, folks. Or, at least I hope it does.

"I abhor spirits, they make a man less than human" - Dr. Loveless, The Night That Terror Stalked the Town
Go to Top of Page

chibbi
SS senior field agent

5998 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2016 :  15:42:22  Show Profile
What is that quote.

What's old is new again.

Ain't that the truth.

Like with computers. Everything used to be you had a big mainframe and a lot of dummy terminals. Then the pc came about and everything was on your own computer. Now everything is about the cloud and how you can do things remotely and not have to have it on your own device. So in a sense were going back to the dumb terminal phase again.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000