THE WILD WILD WEST  @ wildwildwest.org
THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Wild Wild West - Chat and Play
 Wild Wild West General Discussion Board
 Favourite lines of dialogue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cindylover1969 Posted - 12/26/2008 : 12:34:26
Yes, the ever-popular game is back! For those who've forgotten, the rules are:

1. One of us quotes an episode (and tells us which season it's from).
2. The rest of us try and guess what episode the quote comes from.
3. The winner (and ONLY the winner - no barging in, please) sets the next one.
4. Like ccb's quizzes, only checking the actual episode is allowed (no other resources, for example books written by Susan Kesler ).

Before that unfortunate mishap, the quote was "Was that a shot?" as set by nittanyapple...
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
California gal Posted - 05/28/2020 : 08:55:04
Good question. The board is still extremely quiet. Niecie, who played the game regularly, is unable to access internet these days. She generally got it at the library which is now closed. With all that's going on, I haven't thought about the quote you provided. Maybe I can over the weekend.
ccb Posted - 05/27/2020 : 01:37:19
I'm only now rejoining the party.If you're starting a new round, does that mean you're conceding defeat by the one I started … whenever?
California gal Posted - 05/14/2020 : 09:20:30
Do you want to start it? Either a new quote here or start a new thread? We didn't have much activity with the old one, even with no pandemic! But perhaps people will be looking for something to take their minds off daily life.
anteffy Posted - 05/13/2020 : 18:09:14
quote:
Originally posted by Cindylover1969

Yes, the ever-popular game is back! For those who've forgotten, the rules are:

1. One of us quotes an episode (and tells us which season it's from).
2. The rest of us try and guess what episode the quote comes from.
3. The winner (and ONLY the winner - no barging in, please) sets the next one.
4. Like ccb's quizzes, only checking the actual episode is allowed (no other resources, for example books written by Susan Kesler ).

Before that unfortunate mishap, the quote was "Was that a shot?" as set by nittanyapple...

Can we do a new game? I think it would just the perfect diversion for our current pandemic situation.........
ccb Posted - 03/09/2020 : 12:31:34
Ah—the visits to Miss Murphy's saloon and Antille's mausoleum. Keep guessing.
SordoTheBandit Posted - 03/09/2020 : 11:23:55
I was trying to remember an episode in darkness. I guess I should have quickly watched it to verify.
ccb Posted - 03/09/2020 : 00:40:20
Buenos noches, El Sordo. Why did you guess that episode?
SordoTheBandit Posted - 03/08/2020 : 14:19:14
The Night of the Ready-Made Corpse
California gal Posted - 03/07/2020 : 09:00:18
In season 2. Hmm....

I've been reading the clues every day but they are too good! Maybe this one will work.
ccb Posted - 03/07/2020 : 01:33:29
Season Two: "Maybe more."

1. The only episode with not one but two sly allusions to popular Goodson-Todman game shows on CBS of the 1950s and 1960s.

2. Maybe contemporaneous with Hardy's novel, but certainly ahead of Kipling's poem by 16–18 years.

3. For want of a nail, the rider was lost.

4. Thirty years after Damon Runyon, only eight before a Mel Brooks classic.

5. Roll out the barrel, though neither Fabian would ever have approved.

6. From 1516 down to 132. A considerable reduction, though not out of the danger zone.

7. Take your pick: a sandwich, an apple, or a banana. None is fattening.

8. In the matter of mandibles: never insert your hand between the jaws unless you are certain they cannot bite back.

9. The same silly come-on melted one woman's defenses in Season Four—but not this one, in Season Two.

10. If you were going to take a break for a few days, wouldn’t you pack a pair of spats?

11. A bartender’s nightmare: both straight up and on the rocks.

The final clue:

12. Truly this episode is "The Night": one of only a half-dozen in the series where all the scenes are staged at night—and the only Season 2 episode that is entirely nocturnal.
ccb Posted - 03/06/2020 : 10:01:53

1. The only episode with not one but two sly allusions to popular Goodson-Todman game shows on CBS of the 1950s and 1960s.

2. Maybe contemporaneous with Hardy's novel, but certainly ahead of Kipling's poem by 16–18 years.

6. From 1516 down to 132. A considerable reduction, though not out of the danger zone.

8. In the matter of mandibles: never insert your hand between the jaws unless you are certain they cannot bite back.

9. The same silly come-on melted one woman's defenses in Season Four—but not this one, in Season Two.

10. If you were going to take a break for a few days, wouldn’t you pack a pair of spats?

11. A bartender's nightmare: both straight up and on the rocks.
ccb Posted - 03/05/2020 : 15:00:55

How long must I generate this madness?
ccb Posted - 03/04/2020 : 22:44:11

ccb Posted - 03/03/2020 : 17:53:33

ccb Posted - 03/03/2020 : 12:05:32

ccb Posted - 03/02/2020 : 21:31:43

ccb Posted - 03/01/2020 : 22:33:27
Wow.
niecie Posted - 03/01/2020 : 18:42:43
It's actually two thumb drives: one with the entire series, a second with the two reunion movies. But I forgot and left them at home today.
ccb Posted - 03/01/2020 : 18:13:40
niece: You carry with you a thumb-drive filled with WWW? That's what I call dedication.
niecie Posted - 03/01/2020 : 13:43:27
Pretty sure I know the episode, but no idea where in the story the line appears. And I don't have my thumb drive full of WWW with me! I only get online once a week (if then; I wasn't on at all last week), so I won't be surprised if this has been answered by the time I can watch and find the line.
ccb Posted - 03/01/2020 : 13:03:21

ccb Posted - 02/29/2020 : 23:10:12
I guess you (and I'm talking to you, C.g., because you're the only trouper playing) are still looking before you leap.

ccb Posted - 02/29/2020 : 00:07:26

And a clue for Leap Year:

Leap to your conclusion!
California gal Posted - 02/28/2020 : 09:09:20
Hmm... I have an idea but I need to think of an episode!
ccb Posted - 02/27/2020 : 19:03:52

ccb Posted - 02/26/2020 : 10:25:25

ccb Posted - 02/25/2020 : 00:33:57
"Maybe less." At my age I'm easily confused.

No, it's "Maybe more." From Season 2. I'm certain.

Please answer it correctly. Write on only one side of the paper. Otherwise what the heck do I use for clues?
ccb Posted - 02/24/2020 : 11:30:53
California gal Posted - 02/21/2020 : 09:56:38
You are absolutely right, sir, in both cases. Every time I watch Death Masks I see them leave that putrid package in the car while they head for, presumably, bed! Good grief! Febreze was not yet invented.

You are up! I look forward to your quote and your arcane clues. Really gets my head buzzing.
ccb Posted - 02/20/2020 : 18:27:54
I really didn't mean to pull the cord again so soon, but I've just finished a project and need some easy, clean entertainment.

I've no idea what the clue refers to, unless it's week-long escargots bourguignonne gone bad, but I'm going to guess that this favorite line was uttered by Col. Richmond as he interposed himself between Mr. Gordon and Miss Veila Marsh as they lunched in Virginia City.

"The Night of the Death Masks," Act I.

There. I'm wrong. Over to somebody else.

THE WILD WILD WEST @ wildwildwest.org © WildWildWest.org - Third Side of the Coin Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000